Make use of one of the best vegetables of the summer by using fresh, in-season zucchini for these stuffed boats from Cooking LSL. This recipe will allow you to use fresh peppers and tomatoes from the garden if you have them handy as well. The best part is that it’s a very healthy recipe that you won’t have to feel guilty about enjoying!
2 medium zucchini
Olive oil spray
1 cup of cooked quinoa
.5 cup of chopped bell pepper (add jalapenos for extra spice)
Half of a large tomato, peeled and chopped
1 garlic clove
.25 teaspoon oregano
.25 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon salt
.5 teaspoon black pepper
Parsley (for garnish if desired)
2 tablespoons crumbled bleu cheese (for garnish if desired)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Set up a baking dish and spray it with olive oil.
2. Cut the zucchini lengthwise and scoop out the middle of them with a spoon. Spray the inside with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. In a bowl, combine the quinoa, peppers, tomato, garlic, oregano, basil, and parsley. Stir together and add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Place the zucchini in the prepared baking dish and fill them with the mixture.
5. Bake for 20 minutes and then top with cheese crumbles. Broil for two more minutes.
6. Can be served hot or chill for serving cold later!