by Cara J Mastrangello from Albany, NY
What a great idea for grilled cheese! We made two just like Cara wrote the recipe and they were great. The different cheeses and fresh basil are a very nice touch. All the great flavors of a pizza in a sandwich. Love!
- 4 slice bread, I like sourdough or a crust french bread for these.
- 2-3 slice mozzarella cheese
- 2-3 slice provolone cheese
- a few dash(es) grated Parmesan cheese
- a few Tbsp pizza sauce
- 8-10 slice pepperoni
- 3-4 slice thin-cut ham/prosciutto
- few Tbsp chopped onions
- few Tbsp chopped peppers
- few Tbsp sliced black olives
- 2-3 sliced mushrooms
- a few chopped/torn basil leaves
- butter/cooking spray