Outdoor grilling and barbecuing are usually the center of not only summer fun, but the 4th of July. With July 4th less than a week away, a new survey reveals what Americans really feel about barbecuing, pizza and their favorite foods on the grill.
• The survey of people from coast to coast revealed some surprising results: 57% say hot dogs are a sandwich; 15% of those who put cheese on their burger put it on the bottom of the meat; boneless wings are more popular than bone-in; and 18% eat their pizza with a fork and knife.
• 56% of respondents say grilling is the best method to prepare a hot dog, while 13% think microwaving is the best way.
A survey finds 1 in 10 people have never eaten a hot dog. What food has everyone eaten… except you?
July is National Hot Dog Month. Here are some tips on hot dog etiquette from the National Hot Dog and Sausage Council — and none of this is made up.
• Always put your toppings on the hot dog, not the bun.
• After the age of 18, the use of ketchup is frowned upon by the Council.
• Never drink wine with your hot dog. Beer, soda, lemonade, and iced tea are acceptable.
How about you? Are you ready to start grilling and barbecuing?
Image by Philip Olson