by Cathy Nunn from Weslaco, TX
This is a great alternative to spending the big bucks for this delicious holiday treat. Warm and yummy, this hot chocolate has a hint of peppermint and espresso flavor. We tried both water and milk. With milk, it’s richer and creamier. But both are delicious on a cold day. It’s basically Christmas in a cup!
- 1 1/2 envelopes of your favorite hot cocoa mix (I use swiss miss)
- 1 tsp instant espresso powder
- 10-12 oz boiling hot water
- 3 to 5 drops peppermint extract (how minty do you like it?)
- whipped cream, marshmallows, peppermint candy (optional)