by Marisa Skelton from Gainesville, GA
An easy and budget-friendly meal your whole family will love. This taco casserole has all the Tex-Mex flavors of a taco. We love how the refried beans are jazzed up with salsa and taco seasoning. Simple and delish, top the casserole with your favorite taco toppings. We opted for a little extra salsa and sour cream. This recipe can also easily be doubled.
- 1 Tbsp butter, cold
- 1 bag tortilla chips (any of your choice), crushed
- 1 can refried beans (16 oz)
- 1/2 c cheddar cheese or of your choice, shredded
- 1/4 c salsa
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning mix
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 pkg taco seasoning mix (minus the two tablespoons used in the refried beans)
- 1 c sharp cheddar cheese (never hurts to use even more if liked)
- Additional toppings: tomatoes, shredded lettuce, sour cream, black olives, salsa, etc.
Leave a Reply