* Freshen stuffed animals by securing a few in a pillowcase and adding a fabric softener sheet. Put in the dryer on low heat for 20 minutes, then remove and brush out the fur, if necessary, while still warm.
* “Keep a quart container in the freezer and whenever you have a small amount of leftovers, chop them up and add it to your container. When it’s full, thaw it. Add some of your favorite soup beans, pizza sauce, milk and cheese, and you have a unique and delicious soup.” — M. from Pennsylvania
* If you’ve been decluttering as a part of your New Year’s resolutions, and you came across old pairs of eyeglasses, know that you can donate them to any Lion’s Club in your area. They redistribute the glasses to those who cannot afford them. You don’t have to know the prescription, and they take reading glasses, too!
* How can you keep snow and ice off your windshield? Some say a solution of three parts vinegar to one-part water sprayed on the windshield each night can cut your ice-scraping time in half or better. (Use caution to avoid your paint job.) Also, try covering your wipers with an old pair of long socks so they don’t freeze to the glass!
* “For pastry cooking, try grating frozen butter into the flour. It cuts in better and will stay cool longer. This helps when I’m making shortbread, as the flour and butter need to be combined. I don’t end up having to put it in the fridge to cool it back down.” — C.S. in South Carolina
Send your tips to Now Here’s a Tip, 628 Virginia Drive, Orlando, FL 32803.
(c) 2022 King Features Synd., Inc.
Image by Gerhard G.