If you are running a retail store, there is a very good chance that you are looking for as many ways as possible to make it stand out. If you are on a well known High Street, you might think it’s better for your business to stand out more than others so that you can bring in more customers. It makes total sense when you are looking to raise a profit.
Whether you look to redesign the store interior or you want to create engaging marketing campaigns online, you need to be creative when it comes to making your store stand out among all the rest. You want to be able to make a lasting impression on passersby, and this can help them turn into Regulars. Some companies choose to go the route of being able to buy ATM machine options for their store, which draws customers naturally because they come to take money out of the bank. You don’t have to do this, of course, but it can help If you want to stand out more. The good news is that there are plenty of things that you could be doing. So, with that in mind, let’s take a look.
- Offer interactive shopping experiences. People want convenience, and they want to do their shopping easily and quickly. The best way to do that is to offer interactive experiences and utilize technology where you can. From touch screens on shopping trolleys to self-guided kiosks, you could even create virtual tours to help people understand how your shop works. Making shopping an entertaining experience will help customers to keep coming back. You will be able to engage and interact with your customers in a whole new way and really enhance their shopping experience which is the whole point. If you want to go one step further, you could integrate technologies such as augmented reality apps to give customers an immersive experience.
- Be present. If you want to go to a store to stand out more than any other, hosting events and demonstrations allows you to be present. You can connect better with the local community this way and offer your visitors an experience that they can’t find in other local stores. If you have homemade goods in your store, why not host demonstrations of how to bake them? You could offer workshops and demos to educate customers, show them the benefits of purchasing some of your products, and show value to what you can offer.
- Take a closer look at your store window display. When was the last time you upgraded your store windows? Your displays and merchandise have to look top-notch and that means your store windows have to as well. Showcasing new products or services that you offer by changing your window display, changing your display for the holiday or for the season, and just making it look elaborate and fun will help to draw your customers’ eye. The more effort you put into your windows, the better off you will be, and the more customers will appreciate the effort you make.
Offer your loyal customers good discounts. Personalized discounts are a good way to show your appreciation. You are rewarding people for their purchases, their presence, and you’re giving them a reason to spread the word about your store. If you ensure that your discounts are personalized specifically to your customers preferences, they will always feel special when they are shopping for you. Start by offering exclusivity to your social media followers. You can do this with the code that can be used in store and encourage people to come in and shop personally with you, not just online.
- Partner up with local influencers. Influencer marketing still has a place even when you have a brick and mortar store. If you partner this way, they’ll be able to post reviews of your products, photos of your store, and utilize their social media accounts to create promotional content. Not only can this introduce you to potential customers who may not have heard of you before, you’ll be able to show some appreciation to your existing customers. Influences and bloggers have a high reach, so go local with this, and you’ll be able to reach out to the local community.
- Keep offering exceptional customer service. If you want to have a great impression on your customers, consider having somebody as a greeter at the door. Offering exceptional customer service with a smile that is welcoming can be an excellent way to help you to stand out. Take that time to make this small talk and recommend products that you personally enjoy. This will help you to build your relationships over time, and the difference between good customer service and great customer service is all in how you say hello. If people are taking the time to come into your store, then take the time to greet them.
- Redesign the store. You can refresh the store interior and exterior and create something unique. Not only will you be able to design new in-store experiences, you could redesign the entire store layout with adding statement pieces of furniture. We talked about interactive options earlier on, and you could add those to the store as well as mirrors or even a play area to keep the kids entertained while parents are shopping. Of course, this requires a lot of thought and investment on your part, but so does any type of redesign.
- Drive traffic and sales to your local store online. If you want your store to stand out, then go online and make sure that you have all the exposure that you need. You don’t have to be selling your wares online to be able to attract customers in person, but at a minimum you should have a business website. You should also utilize social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and even YouTube. Furthermore, you could introduce digital payment options for customers who prefer cashless as well.
- While it is important to reach out to customers via digital methods, it is vitally important to remember other forms of marketing like radio and print format like magazine and newspaper advertising. Not only will you reach those who are trying to spend less time online, but there is a wide audience that spends little to no time online at all.
Leave a Reply